Weather for Lubbock, TX

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Welcome!

Welcome to the Southern High Plains IPM blog! I’m excited to get this up and running as I get settled in my new position as the IPM agent for Lubbock and Crosby counties. I just finished my Ph.D. in Entomology at the University of Kentucky in 2015 studying the aphid-vectored Barley Yellow Dwarf virus (BYDV) in winter wheat. I looked at on-farm manipulations to enhance beneficials as part of an integrated pest management strategy for aphid suppression. I’m excited to bring my entomological experience to West Texas and help people with any and all pest problems!


This blog will focus on integrated pest management issues facing Lubbock and Crosby counties, as well as including updates on new technologies and research affecting the agricultural industry. Use the sidebar on the left to subscribe and get updates with each new posting. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or comments, or have something you would like posted on the blog. You can contact me at the Lubbock County Extension office (806-775-740) or email me at katelyn.kowles@ag.tamu.edu.

No comments:

Post a Comment